[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> WDA wrote:
>
>> If you go to the following page -
>> http://weather.noaa.gov/fax/surface.shtml#sfconus and download Plot
>> No. 1, under North America, you will find the file name on your hard
>> drive but with zero bytes - the file will be empty.  I went over and
>> used IE to see if perhaps there was something wrong with the file
>> itself and it downloaded with no problems.  Can someone check this
>> and confirm.
>>
>> I'm using Mozilla (windows XP) build ID:  2001112803.  This is a
>> .tiff image.  I use my computer extensively for meteorological
>> purposes and downloading files of this type is a norm for me.
>

> If I click on it, quicktime tries to load it and it breaks.  If I
> shift-click on it I can save it to my hard drive and then view it
> fine.  I'm using build 2001113003 under Win2k.

Their is a notice on their website "*NOTICE---* for error-free downloads
use the FTP Server <ftp://tgftp.nws.noaa.gov/fax>" which sort of implies
that their http downloads are error-filled and it is not Mozilla's
fault.  If I go to the FTP Server it works(a randomly chosen tif loads
in Quicktime when I left click).  Though if I locate the specific tif
link to for North America Plot 1(QYAA00.tif), it also opens broken just
like it does when clicking on the link on the main page.