Michael H. Warfield wrote

>   Mozilla doesn't send HTTP_REFERER?  As a web server owner, I
>would have to concure that SUCKS if true.  I don't use it for security
>but I do use it for other things.  If that's breaking compatibility
>with some sites, that's a definite bug, which I'll plug into bugzilla
>later (maybe it's already there).  If it's not true, maybe someone
>cluefull needs to post a response on the Coleman Fuelcell article.
>
>       Mike

  I would say that if true, than this is desired behavior and not a bug.
 I would even go so far as to say that sending HTTP_REFERER  would be
considered a major bug by alot of people.  As the comment admits, it is
a horrible security system, and sending HTTP_REFERER serves no
legitamate purpose besides allowing the site to collect information
about my browsing habits which I would rather keep private...