[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> it seems that Mozilla doesn't display images with a width of zero
> but a height greater than zero in tables. Is this conform to the
> standard? I think it should "display" an invisible line cosuming
> vertical space.

It sounds like its doing what it should. You can't expect correct
results when you rely on undefined behaviour like this, it's not
possible for a image to have height but zero width, the minimum size is 1x1.

There should be a more standard way of doing what you want, but it's
hard to say without a real example. Your fragment would fail anyway, and
the <td> containing the 0 width image would be the same width as the
table cell containing "test".

It sounds like you're trying to bend HTML to do something it wasn't
intended to do. You should get better results using CSS.

ian.