On 12-12-2001 21:32, Jerry Park made an attempt to write...

> You note that you are using ADSL. Doesn't that mean you have a
> permanent connection to the internet?

Yes, that's true, But I have a startup script wich starts Moz (at
startup, obviously) and can't seem to figure out how to put the dailup
in that script, so I figured that if the dailup is started when mozilla
is started, I have bypassed the problem.

> If you do Start|Settings|Network and Dial-Up Connections
> , do you see a LAN connection and one or more dial up connections?

The way to acces the internet is via a Virtual Private Network (VPN), so there is a
Local Area Connection and a VPN connection (The line comes in a "modem" and the modem
is connected via a UTP cable with the network card from the PC). The way I figured,
the Lan Connection is with te modem and the VPN Connection is from yhe modem to ISP
(Wow, I hardly understand this myself, so I hope any of you would... :-( )

--
Vriendelijke groet / Kind regards,

Arthur Costerus

Private E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]