[EMAIL PROTECTED] (JTK) wrote in
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

>the
>overall theory of operation of Mozilla is to completely crap out
>if an "I" isn't crossed or a "T" isn't dotted in the HTML*, but
>what do you expect from AOL?  I mean hell, it's not like they own
>Time Warner or something!

If IE had not been designed to render invalid HTML (i.e., guessing
what the web page is *supposed* to look like), then there would not
be all these load-of-crap HTML editors that produce invalid HTML,
since users would discard them when they saw that their browser
couldn't render the HTML produced.

No, a browser should render only *valid* HTML.

If that were the case, then there'd be no such thing as an HTML
editor that produces invalid HTML.

Can you imagine a compiler that would compile invalid code, making
a guess as to exactly where you meant to put that END IF? That's
just bloody stupid, and the rendering of invalid HTML is just as
bloody stupid.

dfenton at bway dot net                http://www.bway.net/~dfassoc