JTK <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in
[EMAIL PROTECTED]">news:[EMAIL PROTECTED], on 03 Jan 2002:

> While you're supposed to be flipping burgers?!?  Holy Christ,
> remind me to never go into *your* McDonalds, unless I want to lose
> a few pounds!
Ok this is really getting on my nerves.  I have no idea why you keep
saying "flipping burgers" to me.  I don't work at a McDonalds, I never
have.  I work in a food store.  I'm trained in 5 departments (cashier,
produce, grocery, dairy, frozen).  I have one of the fastest scan and
order times in the store, cashier wise.  I am also qualified to operate
a hand jack, power jack and a forklift.  I worked ~55 hours last week.
Not .01% of that time was spent "flipping burgers".  I have had 3 jobs
since I turned 16.  I was a skating center guy, I worked for a dot com,
and I have my current job.  Never once did I so much as apply to flip
burgers.  Where you got this information, I don't know.  Maybe on your 4
day old CNN page it says "Jim works at McDonalds", meaning your bug
should be expanded from "Cache shows old pages" to "Cache shows old
pages with incorrect information."

Perhaps since you think AOL is Mozilla, you also think McDonalds is a
food store, because both sell food of some type.

>> Why report to the AOL community?
>>

> Because nobody else will tell it to them straight.  Why, are you
> afraid that the cache is not only not fixed, but now broken in a
> completely unpredictable manner, sometimes showing you today's CNN,
> sometimes showing you CNN from a week ago?  I agree that would be
> pretty bad news.

You have not answered the question.  Why tell AOL?  That's like me
needing a manager's override at work, and saying to the store manager
"Hey, I need a key".  Does he care?  No.  The front end managers would
care, though.  Just cause Netscape is working on a project, and AOL owns
netscape doesn't mean AOL is working on a project.

I think perhaps your cache problems cleared up because your cache had
been farked for whatever reason but was not being recognized as farked.
You must have done something else to totally fark it, and Mozilla
noticed and rebuilt it.  I notice that not once did you try deleting
\cache and seeing what happened.  Why?  Takes 10 seconds, max.  Afraid
it would work?

--
ICQ: N/A (temporarily)
AIM: FlyersR1 9