> To expect Mozilla representatives to be able to evangelize any
> significant percentage of these sites to use the <link> solution is IMO
> overly optimistic.

It may be overly optimistic in your opinion, Dave, but why could you not
have adopted the plan I suggested at the beginning? That was

- leave it turned off by default
- give those who want to evangelise a couple of months to put their time
where their mouth is
- if still no sites are using <link>, turn it on.

However, by turning it on immediately, you rob them of any leverage in
doing that evangelism -
"Hey! Use <link rel=icon> for cool tab-related and URL bar effects in
Mozilla and Netscape 6"

"Er, we already get that."

"Um...".

Gerv