Markus Brueckner wrote:

> Sören Kuklau wrote:
>
>> So there we have it. Since 0.9.7, the MIME type behaviour of Mozilla is
>> stricter. CSS with text/plain MIME type will be ignored.
>

> Not really. Only if you use HTML 4.0 STRICT. Else all will work even
> without text/css (according to the release notes).
>
> Also it shouldn't work with the relative paths either.  I assume that'S
> not the source of his problems.
>
> Markus

I've also had a problem with external stylesheets not working on 0.9.7
when the DTD was set to the following

"http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd";>

and the server's mime type for .css was set to text/plain .

If, you take the second quoted portion out of the DOCTYPE statement, the
stylesheet would work, since the browser would render the page in quirks
mode.