[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Gregory Spath) wrote in message
news:<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>...
> In <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Dave Morse ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
> >There is no README or INSTALL nor any form of instructions on how to
> >install the mozilla linux builds from tarball.  I have tried just
> >unpacking the archive and running the mozilla exectuable, but this
> >technique results in a brain damaged mozilla: the text in some UI
> >buttons does not show up!
>
> That bug has been there since 0.9.7 in linux.  I've gone back to 0.9.6 until I'm
> sure they've got whatever it is ironed out.
>

> >Are there some tarball install instructions I am not finding?
>
> Untar, then run the install script in the resulting directory.  I think you did
> everything right, and have the same problem I've seen since 0.9.7 hit.
>
> --g

I just tried 0.9.6 and it acted like 0.9.7: you get to the "install"
page and, after waiting about 30 secs for the progress bar to start
filling up, pfft! the thing just disappears. Has anybody got 0.9.6,7
to work at all? And why does the README file bear so little
resemblance to what actually happens: there's no ./mozilla file, no
"package" dir, no need to use mv or mkdir, unless that's all supposed
to be general Unix stuff, or I'm missing something, or...