Courtney Thomas wrote:
> I'm attempting to install NS6.2 using the downloaded installer and all
> seems to go until I click INSTALL, when I get the following.......
>
>       Gtk-CRITICAL **:        file gtkwidget.c: line 1510 (gtk_widget_hide):
>assertion
> 'widget != NULL' failed
> Segmentation fault - core dumped
>
> BTW, I'm using the linux version of NS and FreeBSD is properly setup for
>   linux emulation, AFAIK.
>
> What's wrong and how can it be fixed ?

I'd guess that some part of the GTK in the Linux libs is out of date. I
see this sort of thing quite a bit. The Gnome/GTK ports seem to be
constantly updated. The fact that you are running 4.3 would support this
- 4.5 is nearly due for release.

Why not build Mozilla 0.9.7 from the ports? It works (and rocks :-) ).
This way you get a native FreeBSD app. Make sure your ports tree is up
to date though.

HTH

Regards,

Parish

--
Software is like sex, it's better when it's free  -Linus Torvalds