On starting up Mozilla, it appears that Mozilla can't find my user account's
profile folder. What currently happens, and has had to happen since I've
been using this Win2K desktop is I have to 'create' a new profile in my
profile's folder everytime I start up. This has problems in that
occasionally my whole Mozilla profile gets reset to the default setting...
now, this is a real pain in the royal arse, if u get what i mean, as I have
to tell Profile mgr to create a profile in a certain folder and then
start-up.... [and as moz crashes due to it pre-release nature, this means
i'd rather use IE as my browser... ]

the release notes state:
 http://www.mozilla.org/releases/mozilla0.9.7/#setprefs ]

"Your profile directory is located at:
%WINDOWS%\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\<profilename>\xxxxxxxx.slt\ on
Windows "

Now, the WINDOWS env variable wasn't set on this machine, so i set it
uniformly.. but that doesn't work. Maybe the documentation is out of step.
My profile folder is set to Roam and Synchronise with a server.... and I
have heard that on encrypted NTFS drives, the profile mgr cant find the
user's profile either.

What I'm looking for is either:
1- a fix I can implement myself [ie. how does Moz attempt to find the user's
profile folder, and error log to see if maybe permissions aren't set etc..]
2- a bug number [as if there isn't one, there should be]

Any help? I have requested before.. but maybe this problem is a little
obscure.... but is certainly a problem with running Moz in this Corporate
Environment...

Tanks

Jon