Walt Stanley wrote:
> Hi guys:  I'm not a programmer, just trying to get away from MS
> Installed Nav.6 but when I open it, it does not start up the DUN. To use it I
> have to start DUN and then open Nav. There must be a better way.
> Also, what is the best newsgroup for a beginner like me?
> TIA

yeah, that's the way it is .. and hasn't changed yet.  Not a problem for
me because I dont want the browser up and running already before I
connect to my ISP.. I never really liked this feature that popups up in
IE every time you open IE while offline.  There is a setting to get it
to do that and that is with Control Panel > Internet Connections >
Connections Tab.. But this would actually help mozilla figure out it is
not connected on a dialup account instead of repeatedly tell me I cannot
connect to a server.. Loading up a .html doc in mozilla doesn't default
to offline mode.  So there is code in place to check either.  You have
to remember to check the checkbox.. I actually prefer Ie's Work Offline
Button to Mozilla's checkbox then Start Mozilla.. 1 step to 2.

-dman84