Myself wrote:

>> And besides, more often than not, html mail contains ugly
>> fonts/colors and is spam.
>

> Oh well then it must be true. What a terrific argument.
>
> Is there anyone that can state the case?

If you're really interested you can do a search on google groups, this
argument has been beaten to death many times. It basically comes down to
that fact that plain text is far more accessible to a large variety of
email and usenet clients. You can't even ensure a webpage will look the
same in different browsers, how on earth can you be sure it'll look fine
in different HTML aware email/news clients?

I'm sure you'll find it easy to explain why you feel unable to
communicate in plain text and what rich text provides that you can't
communicate already with plain text. Why is it so important that
everyone view your message with a certain font, certain background
colour and font size?

It's normally easiest just to send plain text and configure your client
to display messages how you like, with whatever fonts and colour schemes
you desire. Then you can simply forget what everyone else has and it
makes life a lot easier.

ian.