I have a very large mail file in 4.7, which Netscape has stopped
displaying. I must have been careless in moving the file. There are more
than a thousand messages in this file, and I want to be able to keep
them in the Netscape mail file system with all of the other filed
messages.  I could write a script to extract all of the messages and
header info, but that won't allow me to file the messages in the
Nestcape file system.

I have looked at the file and I can see no obvious irregularity.  The
file begins with "From - " and ends with OA OD .OA OD.  Netscape appears
to read the file, but not display it in the Inbox window.  One new
message was received and netscape appended it to the file.  This new
message is displayed.

Can someone enlighten me about the format for the mail file so that I
can patch the current file, even if it means losing a message at the
beginning or end, although both ends of the file look "clean", before
and after Netscape added the new message. I've tried taking one or two
individual messages from the large file, but can't get them to display.
Can someone tell me where to get the specs for the inbox file?

I'm overlooking something, and I need help ASAP.

Vic