I am using Windows XP and installed a HP printer/scanner/copier
yesterday.   Since then I receive an error message whenever I try to
open up any Netscape
program segments, whether that is Mail or Navigator, however, I don't
know if this is related to the installation of the all-in-one HP
product.  This in part that I used Netscape 6.2.1 on a Windows 95
computer and had problems running it correctly on that also.  I had to
change the program compatibility under Windows XP to make it run
correctly

The error message pops up stating:

An error occurred reading the start up configuration file.  Please
contact your administrator
Line 105 : missing ; before statement.55.w");

When you click on OK the program starts up in its default install format
and you have to set it up to your specifications.  I tried finding any
file with this information in it but was unable to do so.  I tried
uninstalling and re-installing the program and after the re-install I
received the same message.  None of my other programs generate an error
message like Netscape.  I need some input here where to take this,
whether this is a Netscape or Windows XP issue or just Microsoft just
sabotaging the Netscape program.

I became so frustrated that I uninstalled the whole thing again and
installed an older Netscape Communicator version (4.72) and that works
fine.  I just have to mess with cutting and pasting the mail folders
into the program to access my e-mail.  I have been a loyal Netscape
follower since 1996 and would like to stay that way but I am just
wondering if all this is just me, the new computer, the OS (Windows XP)
or just Microsoft's revenge.

Dirk Dewachter
[EMAIL PROTECTED]