Jonas Jørgensen wrote:
> But when has anyone ever claimed that Mozilla's toolbars or
> performance didn't need to be improved? I don't recall hearing that in
> this newsgroup. We are not saying that Mozilla is good enough, only
> that it is constantly improving, and certanly *not* that it will never
> get better. If Matthew Thomas didn't like Mozilla,

I don't like Mozilla. From a user's point of view, Mozilla is worse in
every respect -- except page rendering speed -- than 4.x, MSIE, or iCab.
The installation process is worse, the footprint is worse, the UI is
worse, the responsiveness is worse, the feature set is worse, the
configurability is worse, and the platform integration is worse.

However, like Jonas, I can see Mozilla constantly improving. And I am
confident these problems will get fixed eventually, so that more people
become both willing and able to use Mozilla, so that standards-compliant
browsers get market share big enough not to be ignored. Which is, for
me, the whole point of the exercise.

>                                                    why would he spend
> so much time doing all the great work that he does?

Because I don't want to have it on my conscience that I didn't help. I
don't have the knowledge, hardware, or temperament to contribute code,
so I taught myself about UI design and contributed that instead.

--
Matthew `mpt' Thomas, Mozilla UI Design component default assignee thing
<http://mpt.phrasewise.com/>