Bundy wrote:
> After about 7 or 8 crashes at first, finally got .98 Mozilla running ok.
> However, I go to use a java site, it ask me to download and install the
> plugin.. So I download it, install the plug-in and turn off moz and run it
> again. When I go back to that site, it ask me again to download Java
> (1.3.1). I know I have already installed it. Any easy way of making Mozilla
> .98 recognize the plugin for Java?
>
> --Kyle

Close Mozilla (even the quick-launch if you use it), go to your profile
directory (in Windows, it's usually c:\windows\application
data\mozilla...) and find the file called "prefs.js".  Open it in
Notepad and on a new line at the bottom, add the following line:
user_pref("plugin.do_JRE_Plugin_Scan", true);
Make sure you copy it exactly including the punctuation marks.  Save the
file and restart Mozilla.  Next time you come across a site that
requires Java, you shouldn't be presented with the plug-in finder.

--
        C. S. R.