JTK wrote:
> Looking at "Bugzilla Bug 62228" (a list of people asking "when is the
> 'netscape.' going to be removed from the newsgroup names" and being
> completely ignored), I run across this:
>
> "
> ------- Additional Comment #38 From Dawn Endico 2001-07-17 12:27 -------

[...]
> In the mean time, I figured out how to cancel articles (it can only be
> done from inside the netscape firewall) and i've been deleting a bunch
> of stuff one at a time by hand. Suboptimal, but better than nothing.
> "
>
> "i've been deleting a bunch of stuff one at a time by hand".  Um, I
> don't think the proposed "reorg" mentioned anything about deleting
> people's articles.

She is talking about spam messages. The automatic spam filter (which
will presumably block all posts where subject or sender contains
"penis", "mortgage", "insurance", "4PlayMail", and - hopefully - "JTK")
cannot be installed before the newsgroup reorganization is done, so she
has do delete spam manually.

/Jonas