On 2/24/2002 2:05 PM, Chris wrote:

>I was hoping somebody can help me solve this problem I've been having
>with Netscape and Mozilla.
>My setup:
>  Windows 2000
>  root partition (c: drive) about 200 megs free of a 2 gig partition
>  File server, z: drive about 40 gigs free
>
>I went to download Oracle 9i (about 1.1 gigs) today and used the "Save
>as..." dialog to save it to my file server (z drive, 40 gigs free).
>Neither netscape 6.2.1, Mozilla or I.E. could download it because they
>all download it temporarily to a cache directory (located in my profiles
>directory on my c: drive with only 200 megs free) before copying it over
>to my file server.
>
>Is there any way around this?  I haven't found any way to specify
>Netscapes (or Mozilla's) temporary cache directory.
>
>Thanks in advance,
>
>-Chris

If you upgrade to Mozilla, then you'll have a pref in Advanced->Cache
which selects your cachedirectory. Alternatively you can try

// To set you cache directory to something other than the default which
is <profile-dir>/cache.
// Mozilla creates the cache directory so your path should be to the
parent directory.
// e.g.
// Windows - "C:\\TMP" ->  Mozilla will create and use C:\Tmp\Cache
// *nix - "/tmp" ->  Mozilla will create and use /tmp/cache
user_pref("browser.cache.disk.enable", true);
user_pref("browser.cache.disk.parent_directory", "<your-path>");

in your user.js but I'm not sure if it works in NS6.2.1

Pratik.