me wrote:
> Whose idea was it to place the home button below the main toolbar where
> Back, Forward, etc. are?  In my humble opinion, it should be placed
> along side those other buttons.
>
> Doc

One temporary solution:
Use the mouse gestures add-on available at
http://optimoz.mozdev.org/gestures/index.html (thanks to Peter Lairo for
pointing out this option and many more).
Mouse gestures includes a method for getting to your set home page by
moving the mouse in the shape of a squarish "h".  It takes a little
getting used to, unless you've been using mouse gestures in Opera, but
it will give you a quick connection home without the personal toolbar.