Bamm Gabriana wrote:
> But since you seem to miss the point about user interfaces (gosh
> do I have to lecture?) A *good* user interface is not one that
> accomodates each and every one person, but one that accomodates
> the majority of people. A good UI is one where the end user will
> naturally feel at peace.

Bamm, you are wrong. What you have wrote is a lie...  you are improvisating.
And i have to tell you this, because you seem to be totaly ignorant on
about this topic.

I will give you the perfect example, Photoshop:

Photoshop is in the top has its prestige not for be an easy to use
application, for have a shortcut where the most of the end users need,
or for its features.
The Photoshop User Interface is catalogated like one of the most careful
designs made for an aplication. And this is not because it has a
shortcut where the most end user need. It hasnt.
PHOTOSHOP'S UI USE A "'COHERENT LANGUAGE'" FOR THE COMUNICATION WITH THE
USER. THIS IS WHAT MAKES TO PHOTOSHOP A GRAPHIC DESIGN APLICATION AND
NOT ANOTHER KID TOY FOR DRAW AND PAINT IN A COMPUTER.

That is in deep what a user interface is: The language used for the
comunication between the aplication and the user.

You philosophy, "a shortcut where most of the end users need",  ends
when the application has turned into a thing totally unreadable for who
doesnt know the application and is just starting to use it.

If you want a HOME button besides of navigations buttons into the
Navigation Toolbar, may be you are in the wrong place.
The user interface of Mocosof Internet Explorer has a language which
allow you to have a HOME button besides the STOP, BACK, REFRESH... etc.
buttons. So i recomend you to use Internet Explorer and leave Mozilla.

/.lancer