Ben Bucksch wrote:
> Hi,
>
> the official site for Beonex Communicator is currently
> <http://www.beonex.com/communicator>. I am wondering if the .com and the
> otherwise commercial-looking nature of the site discourages Mozilla
> contributors from helping make Beonex Communicator a great version of
> Mozilla, well-suited for end-users.
snipped

I think the thing that discourages anyone from considering Beonex is
that it appears that the site has been abandoned.  I have been checking
the site for months now.  It is telling me that Beonex is based on
Netscape 6.0 and Mozilla 0.9.4, and that communicator 0.7 for windows is
in the works.  But it has been saying that for months, with no
discernable activity or changes.

If there were some signs of life and some evidence that Beonex is not
dead, you may be able to attract some interest in Beonex.  Merely
changing the name of the site will not solve your problem.  You need to
sell Beonex as a live, viable option to Netscape.

I downloaded 0.6 some months ago, and was impressed and pleased with the
quality of work you had done.  However, it suffered from some of the
same problems as NS6.0, and I had to remove it.  I've been using NS6.2.1
and am now on Moz 0.9.9 now.

Good Luck!!