phil wrote:
> Answer for win98 is also yes. I installed 0.9.9 and the March 14 nightly
> both on my Windows partition. You can't run both of them at the same
> time as is the case with Linux, but that's not much of a limitation.
> You must install each version in a separate folder/directory; otherwise,
> files would get overlayed and you would not have two distinct versions.
> For convenience, you can place separate icons on the desktop for each
> version with each icon pointing to its own mozilla executable.
> With either Linux or Windows, there is some (beneficial) interaction
> between the versions. Configuration settings, address books, mail, etc.
> are common to all installed versions. That's really a very nice feature!
> Phil
>
> Dom Incollingo wrote:
>
>> Hi Everyone,
>>
>> Does anyone know if it is possible (or will be possible in the near
>> future) to have two versions of Mozilla installed on the same PC?
>>
>> I have been using the nightly builds exclusively for quite some time.
>> But after 1.0 is released, I would like to use Moz 1.0 as my default
>> browser but still do some occasional testing with the "alpha" and
>> "beta" nightly builds.  Does anyone know whether (and how) this will
>> be possible?   Thanks very much.
>>
>> Dom

see bug 102338 attachment I created of my previous setup I have used:
http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/showattachment.cgi?attach_id=52887

I still use something similar but I just click on the .exe files I want
to run in each build directory.. as creating a shortcut file, I
sometimes forgot to do... As I also have changed how I've done this
too.. I backup all the directories to a seperate drive.. then if I have
to find regressions I'll copy each a build directory back over to
program files/mozilla.org/

-Dennis