Christian Mattar wrote:

>Hi!
>
>psmith wrote:
>
>(psmith's ranbling snipped)
>
>I just checked, Mozilla's and Communicator cookie-files look exactly the
>same, the< use the same spec from
><http://www.netscape.com/newsref/std/cookie_spec.html>. I suggest you
>inform yourself properly next time before throwing around any invalid
>claims. Oh, and BTW: Cookies were *invented* by Netscape. It never was
>an open standardizing process, so Mozilla's cookie handling (or IE's for
>that matter, which AFAIK uses the same format) is no more or less
>proprietary thans Communicator's.
>
>Christian

    Yes, the cookie files look the same.  The problem is how the cookie
is handled in real-time as it is passed through the browser.  Maybe all
the programmers on this group who don't think this is an issue of any
concern to Mozilla programmers need to vote to get rid of all that fancy
cookie handling stuff written into Mozilla before you all attempt to
make it even more elaborate than you did.