dman84 wrote:
 > they probably made them proprietary IE language stuff.. cause it doesn't
 > work here either.. this is something I see coming.. MS is doing the
 > anti-competitive here with their web-pages.

I've solved it! It's the UA string. At home, my UA string is

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:0.9.9+) Gecko/20020221

but at work it's

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; m18) Gecko/20010110
Netscape6/6.5

I added the user_pref() for the UA string override on my home machine
and now the page is displayed correctly.

I checked the source and MS serves different pages for Moz and IE; IE's
is full of Javascript and for Moz you get

<input type=hidden name='Query'......

When I changed the UA string it serves up the same code as IE.

Just to confirm this I added ``Netscape6/6.5'' to the end of my home UA
string:

user_pref("general.useragent.override", "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U;
Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:0.9.9+) Gecko/20020221 Netscape6/6.5");

and it still works.

So, it would appear that MS *do* support rival browsers, it's just that
they use ``Netscape6'' in the UA string to identify them rather than
"Gecko".

Credit where credit's due, MS should be given a pat on the back for this.

dman84: can you try this and confirm that it works for you

Regards,

Parish

--
"I would rather gnaw my leg off, pack the bleeding stump with salt,
   and run in a circle on broken glass than have to deal with any

Anti-spam e-mail address, change _AT_, sorry for the inconvenience