Sören Kuklau wrote:
> On 3/23/2002 8:18 PM, Andreas Otte apparently wrote exactly the following:
>
>> Sören Kuklau wrote:
>>
>>> What is it exactly? Does it mean that two people were working on it
>>> at the same time or so, thus making the database not work?
>>

>> Tree bustage happens when the source tree does not build on at least
>> one of the major platforms defined by the builds done on machines
>> represented on the tinderbox page
>> http://tinderbox.mozilla.org/showbuilds.cgi?tree=SeaMonkey .
>>
>> When a build turns red we have a bustage. Something does not build.
>> That may be due to a bad checkout timing (mid-checkin) and solved the
>> next cycle or it may be worse ...
>

> Okay, but was does "fixed bustage" mean then - is it just a second
> attempt to build, or is the tree somehow cleaned up?
>
> Thanks for your answer.

Usually a tree bustage happens when someone checks something into the
source tree through cvs that is not well tested or not tested on all
platforms (some small compiler differences for example).

"fixed bustage" is then another checkin to fix the comiling problem,
could also be a backout, reverting back to the previous version that was
known to build successfully.

Andreas