Peter Stein wrote:
> In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
> Pratik  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>>On 03/25/2002 06:17 PM, Peter Stein wrote:
>>
>>>Has anyone taken a look? Does anyone care?
>>
>>I just did. And I can't reproduce it. Try deleting your XUL.mfasl file.
>>try it with XUL disabled/enabled (Edit->Prefs->Debug->Networking), not
>>to mention try a new profile.
>

> I've already tried deleting the XUL.mfasl file. No effect.
>

>>I haven't seen anyone but you mention this problem. My guess is the
>>fault is at your end, not in Mozilla.
>

> Possible, but unlikely. I run lots of apps under Linux and this is only
> the 2nd to exhibit this problem (Netscape 6.x was the first). If indeed
> it is a problem at my end then I would humbly suggest that Mozilla is
> a tad sensitive. And other folks have mentioned this problem. I saw
> posts when I first reported it for .9.8 and today when getting caught up
> in this newsgroup saw subjects like "can't enter text".

Try deleting "localstore.rdf" as well. That's one of the things I always
do if I'm having problems and want to refresh the UI. If you've tried
lots of Mozilla versions and/or are sharing a profile between Mozilla &
Netscape 6 then upgrades can sometimes cause these problems, especially
if you use a nightly which might potentially corrupt a file. I've not
had this problem at all using the Mandrake packaged rpms, but I don't
have Netscape 6 on my system.

ian.