What does Corba have to do with it? I didn't mention Corba. You can do
everything you want to do with JavaScript and XPConnect. Yes, java
should be able to solve the problem, but there are some bugs preventing
signed applets from talking to Javascript. Basically, we haven't figured
out how to get Java and JS to share security information, and frankly,
it's not high on our priority list. Yes, Netscape supports Java, but it
is no longer a core technology for us.

My apologies - I don't determine Netscape's policy on this. I would like
to see LiveConnect fully functional as well, but I don't know when that
will happen.
      -Mitch