Ben Bucksch wrote:

> But now I am a bit confused for another reason. What you say suggests
> that *you* wrote that paragraph in the proposal, while Frank said, he
> wriote the proposal without consulting Netscape.

No, I said (not quoting myself exactly) that the proposal was not
dictated to mozilla.org by Netscape management. As I said in my original
message, Mitch and Asa and I had a phone conversation in which we
jointly discussed creating a new proposal, and we mutually agreed on the
rough outline of the proposal; I then wrote up a formal proposal, and
circulated a few initial drafts among mozilla.org staff and to Mitch. I
got sufficient consensus from mozilla.org staff that I went ahead and
posted the latest draft to n.p.m.security as a trial proposal.

So, yes, Mitch was consulted on the proposal, but it is a mozilla.org proposal, not a
Netscape proposal.

Frank

--
Frank Hecker