Mitchell Stoltz wrote:

> What about the other list address, [EMAIL PROTECTED]?

OK with me, but I don't care much.

>> Seriously, a .announce style mailing list is a good idea.
>
> Sounds fine to me, although I think the authoritative list should be a
> webpage. We can do a mailing list too.

No, my point is specifically that the mailing list must be authorative.
I want to subscribe to that address and be sure that I get notified
about new bugs (modulo technical problems outside mozilla.org). If
someone posts a bug to the webpage only, and thus causing several
parties not to notice the bug, the poster should have no excuse by
saying that the web page is the only authorative source.

> Ben Buchsch wrote:
> > Everybody on the security bug group should be able to subscribe to the
> > security bug reports list.
>
> Everything I get from the bug reports address will be posted to a bug
> right away, and the security group can view it there.

That's good.

> That way we won't have people filing duplicate bugs from the same
> problem report.

We can avpid that by conventions (e.g. only the module owner files these
bugs or anybody can file it, if it's not there already after some time).
But I would still like to have some garantee that I can see all bugs. I
see no reason why not everybody should be able to subscribe.