Dobi Yonkoff wrote:
Can anyone help me find other news servers?
I'm a beginner with newsgroups.
                                                    Thanks!

Hello all,

I'm new to Mozilla, having just made the switch, but am a bit familiar with Usenet (newsgroups). I used to have a sig with some links for newbies, but have yet to incorporate into this client, so here's a bit from memory:

The first thing to do when venturing onto Usenet is to learn a little ettiqutte. Such as crossposting to more than 2 groups is frowned upon. For instance folks in the mozilla "dev" or "security" group might not be to interested in "usenet" problems. The more appropriate group would have been the "mail-news" group. Just a little heads up.

More directly to your question, try these newsgroups, you'll find loads people and interesting conversations about news-servers/providers:

alt.usenet.news-server-comparison
alt.usenet.newbies
alt.binaries.news-sever-comparison
news.newusers.questions

Additionally, here are some links that you may find helpful and interesting:

The Offical Homepage of news.newusers.questions:
http://members.fortunecity.com/nnqweb/

Usenet Access Guide: http://www.geocities.com/ResearchTriangle/Lab/1131/ua.htm

Why its sensible to observe netiquette: http://www.uwasa.fi/~ts/http/netiquet.html

The culture of the Internet and Usenet (Chapter 3.0 Methodology): http://www.scribe.com.au/timn/thesis/chap3.html

The above is the third chapter of a thesis on the subject of the Internet and Usenet. The chapter and the thesis is an interesting nerd read.

Good Luck!