I'm trying to prevent my browser (Moz 1.4) from sending out my email address
as an anonymous FTP password.   Now in Netscape, I go to
Edit/Preferences/Advanced and UNcheck the box that says "send email address
as anonymous FTP password"

Whenn I try to do this in Mozilla 1.4, I have an option I've never seen
before, and that is the option to check a box that says "send *THIS* email
address as anonymous FTP password" (emphasis added) and then there is a
place to actually write in something, presumably an email address.

My question is:  Will putting in something like [EMAIL PROTECTED]  (or any
fake email address) actually stop the distribution of my real email addy and
will it stop the spam I get from all these websites that are picking up my
information from the browser as I surf?  Will it at least slow it down some?
I cannot afford to purchase a Proxy connection to hide the information in a
surefire way, so I am scrounging for ways to get around the problem by
getting rid of Internet Explorer and using better browser(s)  that'll
protect me more.

Thanks in advance,
The ghost