Hi,

I've already posted this message on mozilla.crypto but I think this is
the good newsgroup for.

Message :
I want to sign javascript in order to have some "special" rights.
For this, I use the signtool.exe for windows (version from nss-3.2.1).
I have Netscape 7.02.

I try the example which is available on the site :
http://developer.netscape.com/docs/manuals/signedobj/signtool/signscpt.htm

I'have already a problem to create a fake certificate, I use this
command :
signtool -G "SignObject" -d "C:\Documents and Settings\ButayeR.BEBRU
-BUTAYER\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\6r49g0wk.slt"  -p
"*******"

the output is :

using certificate directory: C:\Documents and
Settings\ButayeR.BEBRU-BUTAYER\App
lication Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\6r49g0wk.slt

WARNING: Performing this operation while the browser is running could
cause
corruption of your security databases. If the browser is currently
running,
you should exit the browser before continuing this operation. Enter
"y" to continue, or anything else to abort: y

Enter certificate information.  All fields are optional. Acceptable
characters are numbers, letters, spaces, and apostrophes.
certificate common name: test
organization: test
organization unit: test
state or province: belgium
country (must be exactly 2 characters): be
username: test
email address: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
generated public/private key pair
certificate request generated
certificate has been signed
certificate "SignObject" added to database
Exported certificate to x509.raw and x509.cacert.

But when I do a :
C:\signdir>signtool -l -d "C:\Documents and
Settings\ButayeR.BEBRU-BUTAYER\Appli
cation Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\6r49g0wk.slt"

The output is :

using certificate directory: C:\Documents and
Settings\ButayeR.BEBRU-BUTAYER
lication Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\6r49g0wk.slt

Object signing certificates
---------------------------------------
SignObject
    Issued by: SignObject (test)
    Expires: Tue Dec 02, 2003
    ++ Error ++ ISSUER CERT "SignObject" IS NOT VALID (extension not
found)
---------------------------------------
For a list including CA's, use "signtool -L"

And when I sign with :

C:\signdir>signtool -f "test.html" -k "SPF Finances - FOD Financien's
GlobalSign
 nv-sa ID" -d "C:\Documents and
Settings\ButayeR.BEBRU-BUTAYER\Application Data\
Mozilla\Profiles\default\6r49g0wk.slt" -J --leavearc "c:\signdir"

The output is :

warning: unknown attribute "<SCRIPT ARCHIVE" in command file, line 3.
warning: unknown attribute "return history[0] !" in command file, line
7.
warning: unknown attribute "<BODY onLoad" in command file, line 10.
warning: unknown attribute "<SCRIPT SRC" in command file, line 11.
using certificate directory: C:\Documents and
Settings\ButayeR.BEBRU-BUTAYER\App
lication Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\6r49g0wk.slt
removing: c:\signdir/handler.arc

Generating inline signatures from HTML files in: c:\signdir
Processing HTML file: test.html

signing: c:\signdir/handler.jar
Generating c:\signdir/handler.arc/META-INF/manifest.mf file..
--> inlineScripts/1
--> inlineScripts/2
--> installation.js
adding c:\signdir/handler.arc/installation.js to
c:\signdir/handler.jar...(defla
ted 30%)
Generating zigbert.sf file..
signtool: the cert "SPF Finances - FOD Financien's GlobalSign nv-sa
ID" does not
 exist in the database: security library: bad database.
the tree "c:\signdir/handler.arc" was NOT SUCCESSFULLY SIGNED

Thank you very much,

Rodrigue Butaye