The .db files are where the Netscape program stores and manages certs
locally, it's not any kind of a standard format. The .p12 file you got is a
standard format, you just need to "import" the cert into Netscape. It's been
ages since I've used Netscape 4.x and I don't remember where the import
command is located. In Mozilla and Netscape 7 certificate management is
reached through the preferences dialog.