Hello.

A college assignment on which I have been working requires me to research the different ways in which digital certificates may be installed onto both IE and Mozilla. I have found that, for both browsers, an HTTP response with the right MIME-type will cause the browsers to launch their certificate installation procedures. However, in the case of IE, it is also possible to command the installation from a client script which makes use of a component exposed by a DLL.

My question is: how can one achieve something similar with Mozilla? Does it provide any API to assist in that task? I have not yet been able to find information on that. I did find some documentation about security APIs that are part of the Mozilla project, but they are not for client Web page scripting.

I would be thankful for any help in this matter.

Regards,

--
Ney André de Mello Zunino