May I, as a newbie to Firefox, ask a multipart question which may be
"old hat" to the experienced users - so bear with me if it is. I'm
trying out Firefox v 0.9.1 as an alternative to IE6, which seems to be
riddled with security problems. I'm running XP home edition.

Firstly, has anyone any bright ideas for importing the long list of
sites from XP's/IE's cookie handling setup . I have a list of about
100 sites from which cookies are banned, and the Internet settings
list will not allow cut & paste. I'm trying to avoid copying them down
one at a time on paper, and then typing them back into Firefox. I'm
not just being lazy, I'm trying to avoid the inevitable transcription
errors too. Is there an easy way?

Secondly, whenever I click on a URL link in Outlook email messages,
whilst Firefox will eventually go to them, each time a "Locate Link
Browser" window pops up ? What is it asking for - I can't see that in
the help files anywhere.

Next, when visiting some Microsoft sites, Firefox asks if I should
accept the site certificate, and tells me that the certificate is not
valid because it hasn't got the root certificate. I've tried importing
any certificates vaguely relating to Microsoft from XP's  "Internet
settings" but can't find one relating to site certificates. Maybe they
use a different issuing authority, or the name is not obviously
Microsoft related? Can anyone tell me from where I can get Microsoft
root site certificate? I've searched around microsoft.com, but can't
find any root certificates. They are all built into IE6, but sadly,
not into Firefox.

I'd be very grateful if you can help with any of these.

Regards

Bob

Remove "x" from address to reply by email