Ian G wrote:
Gervase Markham wrote:

Idea off the top of my head - please tell me why it won't work.

Could we parse all form submissions over unencrypted channels and put up an alert ("You _really_ don't want to do this!") if any of the fields was a sixteen-digit number which passed the credit-card-number checksum algorithm?

Much of phishing isn't about credit card details so
much as *any* information.  And, as attackers are able
to adjust their policies to suit what's out there,
they could also make their sites foil the checks.

(Phisher programmers almost certainly haunt these
maillists...)

Yeah, *if* I was such a programmer, wich I am obviously not, I would rather have access to you inbox, because that will give me the ultimate power trip.

/HJ