Henrik Gemal wrote:
You cant call extensions from a client side javascript

Well that's not entirely true. Interpreting the term "extension" broadly you can create a javascript component that adds methods and, for example, sticks them on the window object to be called willy-nilly.

Dangerous, of course -- that add-on had better be written very carefully and expect malicious abuse. An example of such a component is nsSidebar.js in the Suite. It's ancient so there may be other ways to accomplish something similar. If you're implementing a new interface rather than one already there you'll have to also ship a corresponding .xpt file.

But Henrik's right that you can't call just any old extension, only those whose authors went out of their way to expose.

-Dan Veditz

Bob Chauvin ( Paix dehors ) wrote:

Found posts from previous questions that answered my question.

I wonder if I can call an extension from javascript? Such as...

http://extensionroom.mozdev.org/more-info/clearhttpauth