Ian G wrote:
 > Why not just put the number of crypto bits on the status
bar, next to the site name, CA name and padlock?

I'm surprised at you, Ian. I would have thought the reason was obvious :-)

In Opera, the message must be OKed/cancelled *before the site is even
 rendered*

Heavens above! I wonder what they are going to do when an unprotected HTML site asks for a credit card number? Self destruct? Launch an SS18?

If there were some way of reliably detecting that they were asking for a CC number, I would seriously consider disabling the form field in Mozilla and refusing to allow it to be re-enabled.

Gerv