Nigel McFarlane wrote:

Although Gerv's worked on me hard, it seems that the essence of this "border crossing" model idea has survived in this forum.

Calling for votes for or against from all lurkers,
which I'll take back to the relevant bug for
consideration there.

- Nigel.

I still think a mark of microsoft would be a better idea, after all ms format files often contain vbscript macros.

if marking files is to be supported and implemented, then do NOT allow any saved files from any network to be concidered safe.
make sure the user sees with every single file saved that they are risking the security of thier systems by accessing the file from local disk / network share.

huge red warning when the file contains any executable code of any form, be it a script or a complete executable file.

when people complain, it's just the logically complete implementation of the motw that ms wants.

Jaqui