Hai All,

To make my component compatible with Firefox 1.5, i tried to compile it against firefox 1.5 Gecko SDK.

I have created a XPCOM Component against Gecko-SDK which was taken from http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/mozilla/releases/mozilla1.8b1/gecko-sdk-i686-pc-linux-gnu-1.8b1.tar.gz . I have compiled Successfully .

For Registering the component with Firefox 1.5 , I did the following steps
1. Copied my component .so to firefoxInstallationDirectory/components/
2. Copied my xpt file to firefoxInstallationDirectory/components/
3. Executed touch .autoreg
4.Invoked the firefox

While Invoking i am getting the following error message

./firefox-bin: symbol lookup error: /advent/advent1/srinivasar/firefox/1.5rel/firefox/components/libqecomp_FIREFOX_1.so: undefined symbol: _Z20NS_NewGenericModule2P12nsModuleInfoPP9nsIModule

Please let me know how i can resolve this. Please refer me if any docs related to this problem.

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Sabarinathan.P