Has anyone else compiled Lame 3.57+ using DJGPP? I used pgcc-2.95.3 that
I compiled myself. Lame is the only thing that I've had problems with...
The latest version that I compiled is 3.61Beta and it compiles without
many problems, I've had to tweak a few things, but all in all, nothing
major that can't be easily fixed (even with what little I know about C).
Of course I use libsndfile for the audio input. The problem comes in
when I try to encode, I know why would I want to do that, but I get all
of the normal output up until the part where it displays the Frames
encoded, ETA, etc. and nothing shows up and the mp3 doesn't actually get
encoded. I recompiled it and I changed some of the CFLAGS ( I used the
default optimizations for linux with gcc-2.95.2) and it now works, well
it doesn't at 320 kbps, but every other bitrate works. Actually at 320
kbps it encodes the first 40 frames and then just stops. Hopefully
people can make something of this mess, it's too late for me... :)

Josh