> I'm just a user, not a developer.
> I've heard a number of results from listening tests and all agree that LAME is better
> than BladeEnc at the same bitrate.  I've also heard that LAME@128 sounds better than
> BladeEnc@160.  Apart from speed optimizations, BladeEnc uses unmodified ISO code
> which is known to have a number of bugs and poor implementations.  I have also used
> Blade @ 160 extensively in the past.

Mmm interesting, probably coz more guys are workin patchin and improving it

> The improvements have often come from samples of audio submitted to the project that
> have produced noticeable artifacts.  These are available for download from the LAME
> website.  You may do your own tests with each file and make up your own mind.
Which sample do u think is the best to use as an encoder test ?

> I can also vouch for LAMEs VBR.  It has now come far enough IMO to perform better
> (sound quality) than CBR.  If you want to average around 128kb/s then I recommend the
> following switches: -h -v -k -mj
and looking for somethin near 160 which settings are best ?

      Cavallo de Cavallis
     <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
=   http://www.s0ftpj.org     =
=  Digital Security for y2k   =