Hi

First, thanx to:
Mark Taylor
[..]
> >       BUT:  how long is a PCM-Frame in seconds?
[..]
> one frame: is 1152 samples/frame.
> You need to know the sampling frequency of your input file,
> probably 44.1kHz?  = 44100 samples/second
>
> 1152 samples/frame  / (44100 samples/second)  =  .0261 seconds/frame

So, I hacked a bit around, added 2 parameters (--gap --dur) to
set when to start encoding and how long, and a bunch of
global vars to control this feature.

It can:
        calculate the right number of frames to drop/encode
        depending on source samplerate.
It can't:
        check if gap is behind tracklenght ...

diffs of the 3 changed files of a plain lame3.61beta
comes as attachment (1154 bytes).

If there is someone of the lame crew want to implement
it on "fine style" way, feel free, as my programming skills
aren't that good to dive into all those structures ...
For me it works, that's it

happy encoding

Hubertus Krogmann       PaderLinx Neue Informationsmedien GmbH
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Tel.: 05251-8994-18  Fax: 05251-8994-20  WWW: www.paderlinx.de

S/MIME Cryptographic Signature