>  How can they say 'sounds better' if you almost get a to-the-bit equal audio
> stream as with another decoder?

Well, the fact is Sonique "colours" the music. The output of Sonique is
different from the original sound. But that does not always mean that it will
sound worse to the ears. If you use an equalizer, the original sound is
altered; some frequencies are boosted, and that sounds better to you than the
original recording. Sonique may be altering the music in a way that sounds
more warmer/crisper than the usual "flat" playback. That why, people might
have found Sonique to be sounding better than the other players.

I hope that clears the confusion!

By the way, beside the "bug", have they corrected other problems in the new
version of Sonique? Please let me know if anyone knows it.

- Zia