Gentlemen,

I must thank you for the recent improvements to LAME (not to mention
the removal of dependence on ISO source code). We are currently
compiling a "20 year" celebration for the independent classical
record label Hyperion Records and, to make it easy for the compiler
to get the tracks in a good order, I have encoded all the pieces she
needs into 128kbit/s files which she can play on her (Windows)
computer using the playlist functions of Winamp or XMMS depending on
which OS she's running.

She has done many compilations before, but none with the convenience
and facilities given by your encoder. LAME means we can conserve
network bandwidth and disk space, yet preview the discs in
reasonably high quality. Of course, we'll be mastering from
uncompressed files, but I'm hoping to convince the MD of the company
to let selected tracks be available in MP3 format, for no charge,
using LAME as the encoder. We're keeping up to date with the
CVS tree, and the command used is:

lame -d -h -X 6 -Y -Z --cwlimit 12 --lowpass 15.1 --resample 32 -b
128 ...

This gives *very* acceptable results in the studio on all the test
cases I last tried two months ago, including a very difficult track
of choral music.

Best wishes,
John HW