then Mark wrote:
>Easiest solution (but it wont shrink your files): go into each frame and replace the
>12 bit "part2_3_length" field for channel 1 (both granules) with 0.

Okay, but I understand that I'll need to decode each frame using some sort of huffman
decompression. Where would I get this from, & what's the chance that this data will
need more space than is available once altered & repacked? I'll also need the
compression so I can rewrite the frames...
At MP3Tech.org, it mentions about the format of the frame header, but nothing of the
actual audio data- before, or after packing.
As for shrinking the files, it doesn't matter, because bitrates like 56 & 128kBit/sec
aren't much; I just thought it would be necessary to do once the side channel
information had been deleted in M/S frames.
Would it be wise to leave space for a VBR header frame on the off chance that the
output stream requires more/less space?

Shawn