Hello Holger,

HD> Also, how many people know of UPX, how many know that you can unpack
HD> it, and how many know that those files were packed? There should be at
HD> least a comment about the fact that they're packed with UPX.
open lame.exe in something like NC editor, you'll see:
$Info: This file is packed with the UPX executable packer http://upx.tsx.org $
$Id: UPX 1.01 Copyright (C) 1996-2000 the UPX Team. All Rights Reserved. $

and i can make info about this fact

HD> I'd stay out of trouble and play it save, i.e. not pack them. Imagine
HD> someone with an old virus scanner gets a virus warning, panics and posts
HD> something like "There's an mp3 encoder floating around called LAME that's
HD> actually a virus!" on the web - wouldn't be the best publicity, would it?

hm,  this is your binaries, not mine. if you think this will be better
i can make this
i  think  this is the question for Mark Taylor: to pack or not to pack
8)

Best regards,
 Dmitry                            mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]