Hello Joshua,

Wednesday, July 05, 2000, 8:51:56 AM, you wrote:

JB> Was I reading a joke or what? I don't know about the "Crud" directory with
JB> all of the *.c and *.h files... Or any of the other suggestions in this
JB> readme. Why not use the Makefile? I know you have to download GNU make, but
JB> it's all right there at the same place to download. You'd need gcc,
JB> binutils, bash, (maybe shutils) but it's not that hard to get. It is MUCH
JB> easier to download the binaries for the GNU programs you might need than it
JB> is to go this route. Once you've got the source code, typing make works just
JB> fine, I personally like to make some additional optimizations, but there is
JB> nothing special that is needed.
JB> Josh
JB> --

I just compiled 3.85beta using that README.DJGPP as S.T.L. described
it, and I get about the same performance (Cel450) than the _ic version of Dmitry.
Only thing I can say is that it says:
quantize.c:1087: warning: `quant_compare' declared inline after being called
, but all seems to work perfectly, so I'm really happy I don't need to
install MSC6 after all :))

--
Best regards,
 Roel                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]