Shawn Riley wrote:

>   I wonder if that's because it's classical or choral music you're encoding, & not
>heavy metal or techno. Your music may not be forcing the use of short blocks as often
>as some other genres.
>   Can we really say whether 32 or 44.1kHz sounds best at 128kBit/sec (or lower?)
>unless we also say whether we're encoding Enya or Metallica? I guess it doesn't hurt
>to try all sample rates & see what sounds best with a few test cases before doing a
>whole stack of encoding.

32 kHz is more than enough for heavy-metal: all heavy-metal enthousiasts have their
ears destroyed by concerts at +120dB, and I seriously doubt they can ear frequencies
>16kHz :-))
(keep cool, I love Metallica, I mean the old Metallica, when they were playing good
and strange music, and were not mad about mp3 :-))

Pierre